The ORION High-Rate Serial Interface Board is a PCI Express I/O card that supports both Conventional and Advanced Orbiting Systems (CCSDS) and Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) data formats. The Orion also provides Viterbi and Reed-Solomon decoding to provide complete bit and block error detection and correction for CCSDS-recommended grades of service for Advanced Orbiting Systems.
- Frame synchronizer with automatic polarity correction and dual correlators for QPSK data
- NECL interfaces with SMB connectors for reliable, high-speed I/O
- SMB outputs support rates up to 800 Mbps with an external clock reference
- Reed-Solomon and Viterbi encoder/decoder
- 1-microsecond time tag resolution with external 10 MHz and 1 PPS strobes or auxiliary time board
- PCM encoder/decoder supporting NRZ-L/S/M and BIΦ-L
- CCSDS pseudo-Randomization and de--randomization